Monday, August 15, 2011

Saluting All Teachers

It is almost time for children to go back to school which means teachers everywhere are preparing lessons to teach our children. In the minutes it takes you to read this, teachers all over are using their "free time", and often investing their own money for our children's literacy, prosperity and future.


As we send our children off to school this year let's not lose sight of all that their teachers do and sacrifice for them everyday. "Thank a Teacher" as often as you can because they help mold the futures of our precious children. They accept the highs and the lows of the job, they do it with grace, honor and very little pay. They deserve our praise and unwavering support! One of my favorite quotes about teacher is, "If a doctor, lawyer or dentist had up to 40 people in his office at one time, all of whom had different needs, some who didn't want to be there, some who were causing trouble and the doctor, lawyer or dentist had to treat them all with professional excellence for nine months for half the pay, he might have some conception of the classroom teacher's job." ~Donald D. Quinn


I had teachers growing up that left lasting impacts on me and I am eternally grateful to them. Their life lessons have stayed with me always and I know that without them my life may be very different. Both of my children have been very lucky to have some remarkable teachers as well. Nico has a hard time in school and knowing that he is with someone daily who is striving to help him be the best that he can be and does it with patience & care always fills me with gratitude.



So in closing I would like to say Thank You to Mrs. Cain and Mrs. Garrison for the life lessons and wisdom that they gifted to me and to the teachers that have guided and educated my children, I thank them for all they have done and will continue to do this year!

No comments: