Sunday, August 21, 2011

Felipe Andres Takes on Taekwondo















Recently we enrolled our youngest in Taekwondo. It has been a very rewarding experience for him. His older brother was very enthusiastic about joining as well after participating in his brothers' first trial class. He has never been very enthusiastic about anything athletic and has always struggled in the area of physical fitness due to his Aspergers. So we were very excited to see him interested in a physical activity. Though we have found that taekwondo is so much more than that and he can benefit in multiple areas of his life from these classes. We enrolled him this weekend and his first class was Saturday. He wrote something explaining his feelings about that first class and has allowed me to post it here. For those of you who know him you will greatly appreciate his words. We are all very proud of him and look forward to further supporting him.



"My first class was amazing! I learned how I should stand, 2 new kicks, a kicking combo and got my white belt. I felt proud of myself and so amazed that I did it. Sort of like Ash Ketchum in Pokemon when he gets a badge. I can not wait to get a stripe. I like class because I feel the adrenaline, learn a new language and get stronger." ~Felipe Andres



Enjoy the pics of his first class and updates will be posted as both boys progress!

No comments: