Friday, August 12, 2011

Cha-ryeot (Attention) Nicolas!!!!!!












As we watch him snap to attention when he hears the command "Cha-ryeot" from his instructor we know that we have found something for Nico that will help him in more ways than we ever thought!



Walking into the Tiger Martial Arts Academy I was unsure about what to expect. I know my son and I know that taking things seriously is not something that he usually does or wants to do. The first word I saw etched into the floor in huge capital letters was DISCIPLINE and I thought to myself...hmmmm. The sounds I heard were loud and motivating. Kids yelling "Yes, Sir!" with all of their might and an instructor who was full of enthusiasm and passion. We waited for the current class to end and then Nico would have a "trial" class in order to see what it was like. His brother and sister were invited to join in to support Nico. Felipe and I sat amazed as we watched all 3 kids absorb every command and hang on every word. The instructor was so enthusiastic and so positive. With every mistake that they made he was there to back them up and show them they could do whatever they were struggling with. Throughout the entire 45 minutes Nico was attentive and never stopped smiling. It was such a success that ALL 3 kids came off of the mat asking could they do it too! Reyna argues that she only has dance during the week days so "I have time on Saturdays" she says. Pito says "Sign me up!" and Nico smiling bigger than ever says "When do I get to come again?" We registered Nico that day and he has been to 3 more classes this week. Reyna had to accept that she can not take 4 dance classes and Taekwondo but she still wants to do it and we are hoping to register Pito soon.



Nico earned his white belt at his first class and he earned his first stripe yesterday! During class today Master Dante talked to them about Self Esteem and about never giving up. He told them that a black belt is just a white belt that never gave up! He told them to always love themselves and to never accept nothing less than their best. It was wonderful and I knew right at that moment that we definitely made the right choice by putting him in the class.





























No comments: