Monday, February 2, 2009

Leaving Okinawa Post #2


Over the past 6 years I have met some of the most wonderful people here in Okinawa. First of all I have to say that the Okinawan people are some of the most gracious and kind people that I have encountered. It is a centuries' old tradition of Okinawan people to express kindness and hospitality to all travelers and visitors. Before we came to Japan I had a preconceived idea in my head of how it would be. I googled it of course and learned what I could. However, nothing could have prepared me for what I was about to experience. It did not take long to figure out why Okinawa is called "the land of courtesy". It was realized early on that this was not something that the Okinawans tried to show or had to put any effort into showing. It was natural to them. They have the purest of hearts and are always so ready to give and never expect to receive in return.

I look forward to taking you with me down memory lane. My next post will be about the job that I stumbled upon by chance here on Okinawa and how it changed me forever!

Enjoy some of my favorite pictures from Okinawa that I have added to this post!

No comments: