Tuesday, December 9, 2008

40 & Fabulous

Well I have committed to posting on here at least once per week so here it goes...
As most you know I left the 30's this year and am now 40! Well not just 40...40 & Fabulous as ever! My birthday was great! Katy set up a surprise party for me with our closest friends and it was a great time! As far as the BIG questions goes..."How does it feel to be 40?" Well I really don't think it changed much other than I am the old man in the circle of friends. I think it is an achievement to say that I have spent almost 22 years as a Marine and now that I am 40 I do not feel that there are many young Marines that hold a candle to me. Don't get me wrong there are some that are stronger & faster but they are only few in number. I love the fact that I have young children that add to my youth of 40 years old and most of the time I am one of the kids, which my wonderful wife can attest too. I like the fact that I have the maturity and strength to earn my college degree 20years after I left high school. The main reason I came into the Marines, I didn't want to go to college at that time in my life. Plus you can think of me as one of the fabulous & forty crowd that Hollywood is raving about. :)

Here are a few pics from my birthday bash!

Pic #1 is my new racquetball racket from Katy and the kids!

Pic#2 is me and my Katy!

Pic#3 is me, my boy Fred and his nephew Derian!

No comments: